2017.2.21Calls for Proposals FY2017 Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) collaborative call: Prevention and Management of Mental Disorders
Call for Research Proposal
Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) in Collaboration with the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)* pleased to announce the collaborative call for proposal on implementation research for the Prevention and Management of Mental Disorders in Low-and Middle-income Countries (LMICs). This program is not intended to support research that can be conducted primarily in high-income countries. For details of the call, please refer to the GACD guidance and AMED supplemental application guideline.
- (1) Research period
- Up to 3 years (JFY 2017 - JFY 2019)
- (2) Project size
- 10.0 million yen/year for up to 3-years (including indirect cost)
0-1 project is expected to be awarded
- The Principal Investigator has to be based at an eligible research institutions in Japan, in line with AMED eligibility policy
- Research team must be comprised with one or more collaborating researcher (s)* who belongs to a collaborating research institute (s) of the LMICs.
* Collaborating researcher is a researcher who collaborates with research project but his/her affiliating institution can’t conclude a contract to use a grant.
** Co-investigator and collaborating researcher are different.
Co-investigator(s) is a researcher who collaborates with research project and his or her affiliating institution concludes a contract to use a grant.
Application Period and Due Date
February 21, 2017 to April 11, 2017, by 4:00 PM (British Summer Time)
*No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Please read the guidance noted in the GACD website and the AMED Supplemental Application Guideline before proceeding with your application.
Submission of the application forms
- The application can only be submitted in English via the GACD’s submission portal (Common Submission Portal.)
- The Japan based applicants shall also submit the supplemental application form issued by AMED by e-mail (chikyukibo“AT”amed.go.jp)
23F Yomiuri Shimbun Bldg, 1-7-1, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0004 Japan
Division of International Collaboration,
Department of International Affairs
E-mail：chikyukibo“AT”amed.go.jp (Replace “AT” with “@”)
*Please contact us, preferably by e-mail using the above contact information
Reference (Updated March 17, 2017)
- Supplemental Application Guideline (written in English) (503KB) *Updated March 17, 2017
- Supplemental Application Guideline (written in Japanese) (745KB)
- Supplemental Application form (written in Japanese)(62KB)
- Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases call for Mental Health
- Research Program on the challenges of Global Health issues
Last updated 2017.2.21