Calls for Proposals Early-stage Overseas FY 2021 Interstellar Initiative (re-opened)
PR flyer for this program was added in "Links" section.
|Status of Grants/Funding Opportunities||Grants/Funding Opportunities|
|R&D phase||Basic Study|
|Key Fields||Innovation and Clinical Research Center Project|
|Submission Deadline||2021.6.22 Tue 12:59 JST|
The Interstellar Initiative ― presented jointly by the Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development and the New York Academy of Sciences ― recognizes the world’s most promising Early Career Investigators and connects them with peers, in related but distinct disciplines, providing a platform for them to develop a solution to a major research question. The aim is to foster interdisciplinary collaboration and thereby catalyze discovery.
For details, refer link below.
NOTE: At this time, the NYAS and the AMED plan to hold the first workshop virtually in September 2021 in the 2021-2022 Interstellar Initiative while the second one in February is scheduled to held in person. Note that those unable to travel to New York will be able to participate virtually. We continue to monitor the spread of the coronavirus and will make updates to the program if necessary with the safety of all participants in mind.
Applications are invited from Early Career Investigators who have backgrounds in four broad categories:
- Clinical Research (e.g., physician scientists and others with translational interests);
- Life Science (e.g., biomedical scientists);
- Physical Science (e.g., physicists, chemists, and mathematicians); and
- Technology (e.g., engineers, computer scientists)
Early Career Investigator applicants must:
- Hold a doctoral degree or equivalent (PhD, DPhil, MD, DDS, DVM, etc.)
- Have obtained their last doctoral degree within the past 10 years (January 2011 or later)
- Have been engaged in active research for 10 years or less since obtaining their doctoral degree or equivalent
- Hold an independent, tenure-track or equivalent faculty position at a university, private research institution, academic medical center, or national government laboratory
Note: Exceptions to these requirements may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the organizers. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact interstellar"AT"nyas.org. (Replace "AT" with @.)
How to Apply
Those who belong to institutes located in Japan should apply both through e-Rad and following link. Note that applications must be submitted through both portals, applications submitted only through one portal will not be accepted.
Follow guideline attached to submit application to e-Rad portal.
Last updated 2021.6.10