Achievements Global Successes
Medical research and development has the potential to spare millions from suffering. At AMED, we believe any outcome that makes life better is valuable - no matter how small.
The following cases contain brief snapshots of the work we are involved in to ensure safer, more effective healthcare around the world.
- Surveillance of Malaria and Other Parasitic Diseases in Laos
- Integrated Research for the Control of Dengue Fever in Burkina Faso
- Aligning the Young Stars of Science
- The Association Between Zika and Microcephaly in Vietnam
- The World’s First Allogeneic iPS-derived Retina Cell Transplant
- Ending a Diagnostic Odyssey: Going Beyond the Identification of Unidentified Conditions
- Overcoming Dementia in Super-Aging Society
- Safer, More Accurate Surgery: The Development of a New Medical Imaging Projection System
- J-GRID: INDONESIA
A study that provided evidence of a highly pathogenic avian influenza A(H5N1) infection among live-poultry market workers, who displayed no symptoms.
- SATREPS: ZAMBIA
Research on viral zoonoses, identifying common carriers to predict the emergence of zoonotic viral infections.
- AMED AND A*STAR JOINT RESEARCH PROJECT
Strengthening cooperation between Japan and Singapore in pursuit of the development and application of technologies in the field of human aging.
- JREGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Research and development aimed at the clinical application of regenerative medicine based on stem cell technology.
Construction of a medical network and clinical databases to improve the identification and diagnosis of rare and undiagnosed diseases.
- JAPAN GENOMIC MEDICINE PROJECT
Promoting the clinical application of genomic medicine to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of illnesses.
- SMART CYBER OPERATING THEATER
Improving the safety and efficiency of surgical procedures through the creation of an intelligent operating room by networking medical devices.
- MEDICAL ARTS
Considering overlooked aspects of healthcare to develop innovative technology and systems to enhance the safety, efficacy and cost-efficiency of medical treatments.
Last updated 09/20/18