AMED will acquire personal information by lawful* and fair means and will not wrongfully acquire it. Furthermore, in acquiring personal information, AMED will notify or publicly disclose in advance the purpose of use thereof.
*Related laws and regulations of Japan as well as related laws and regulations of countries and regions applicable to the relevant personal information
Scope of information to be acquired
AMED will acquire personal information which was received in relation to inquiries, consultations, opinions or the like on the Website.
Besides that, the Website utilizes a function provided by a third party that automatically acquires such information as Internet domain name, IP address and browsing of the Website, etc. Cookies (information transmitted from a server to a user’s browser and accumulated on a user’s computer so as to identify the user on the side of server) are used in this function, but no information which can identify an individual (including information that can easily be compared with other information and thereby enable the identification of a specific individual) is being acquired.
Purposes of handling personal information
Personal information, etc. acquired through the Website shall be used for the following purposes:
- When answering or sending a reply to an inquiry or consultation to AMED;
- When seeking the provision of opinions and impressions about AMED;
- When answering or communicating, etc. in relation to a question concerning calls for proposals and procurement, etc. by AMED;
- When announcing an exhibition and a seminar AMED is to participate in;
- When warning or cautioning the user who committed an act that goes or may go against each rule, etc. on the Website;
- When requested based on laws and regulations, etc.; and
- Otherwise, when a separate purpose of use is clearly specified, such purpose of use shall take a priority.
For the handling of personal information, etc. which AMED has acquired other than via the Website, please see “Regarding the Handling of Personal Information at AMED”, which is separately provided to data subjects.
Regarding management of personal information, etc.
For the standard of personal information protection work at AMED, please see the “Regulations for the Protection of Personal Information”.
For the standard of work in managing corporate documents in which personal information is included, please see the “Provisions for Management of Corporate Documents”.
For requests to disclose, requests to correct or requests to discontinue the use, etc. of personal information, please see the “Personal Information Protection” page for details, as requests will be carried out based on prescribed procedures.
- Regulations for the Protection of Personal Information
- Provisions regarding Management of Corporate Documents
- Personal Information Protection page
AMED will undertake no responsibility with respect to privacy protection in any external link destination on the Website. Visits, etc. to external link destinations shall be conducted on the user’s own responsibility.
Changes in Handling
Changes in Handling shall become effective at the time when they are posted on the Website.
Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development, Division of General Affairs, Department of General Affairs, Contact for Personal Information Protection
E-mail: jimu-ask"at" amed.go.jp
First published: August 29, 2019
Last updated 2021.2.5