News Releases & Research Results Launch a joint research call with Spain SEIDI
2018.3.7News Releases & Research Results
- Mrs. Carmen Vela, the Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation (SEIDI) of Spain and Dr. Makoto Suematsu, the President of Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) had a meeting in Tokyo on March 6th, 2018 and confirmed the launching of the Japan - Spain international joint research program, as a first program after MOC has signed.
- The call will start soon.
- This program is a memorial program for the year of the 150th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Spain.
Mrs. Carmen Vela, the Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation (SEIDI) of Spain and Dr. Makoto Suematsu, the President of Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) had a meeting in Tokyo on March 6th, 2018 and confirmed the launching of the Japan- Spain international joint research program in the field of “Nanomedicine” , which is the first joint program since the Memorandum of Cooperation between AMED and SEIDI was signed in April 2017.
This program is conducted jointly under the Strategic International Collaborative Research Program (SICORP) by AMED and the State Programme for Research, Development and Innovation Oriented to the Societal Challenges of Spain (PEI+D+I)* by SEIDI.
* Programa Estatal de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Orientada a los Retos de la Sociedad (in Spanish)
The SICORP program provides support for international joint research projects on the basis of equal partnership in countries, regions, and fields of cooperation that have been designated by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), in collaboration with funding agencies in the countries concerned.
The PEI+D+I provides support for research and innovation actions to tackle the grand societal challenges supporting, among other, international collaborations of Spanish researchers.
Nanotechnology is a strategic priority for both Japan and Spain. The application of nanotechnology has the potential to achieve breakthroughs in health, as well as for changing the way of healthy life of citizens (e.g. enabling early detection and prevention of diseases, and to essentially improve diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of diseases).
Interdisciplinary teams driven by early stage researchers from both Japan and Spain shall build an effective collaboration on common research projects. The consortia should be based on complementarities and sharing of expertise in the field.
Collaborative research and development projects shall be in at least one of the following areas of Nanomedicine for this call:
b) New treatments, compounds and targeted delivery systems
AMED and SEIDI are launching this joint call for Nanomedicine Research Proposals Driven by Early Stage Researchers soon, simultaneously on AMED website, and the State Research Agency (AEI) website, the funding agency under SEIDI.
AMED and SEIDI are planning to hold a symposium to celebrate the year of 150th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Spain and awardees are to be invited to the symposium.
- International Collaborative Research Program: Strategic International Collaborative Research Program (SICORP) (English)
Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED)
Division of International Collaboration, Department of International Affairs
1-7-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004 Japan
State Research Agency (AEI)
Subdivision for Horizontal S&T Programmes
Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness
Paseo de la Castellana 162 - 28046 Madrid, Spain
Tel: +34 918222576
Last updated 2018.3.7