Division of Pharmaceutical Research and Development Science and Technology Platform Program for Advanced Biological Medicine
|Key Fields||Innovative Drug Discovery and Development Project|
|R&D phase||Basic Study|
Excellent scientific findings and innovative technologies, which originate from academic institutions, play key roles for pharmaceutical companies to attack on the advanced biological medicine. Cooperation of academia and industry enables to create new remedies which contribute to unmet-medical needs.
In our project, gene transfer technologies (gene therapy, immune cell therapy, etc.), gene expression control technologies (genome editing, nucleic acid drugs, etc.), and biologics (antibodies, glycosylated peptides, medium molecules, etc.) are going to be sophisticated. Additional technologies for drug development (drug delivery system (DDS), efficacy / safety evaluation, imaging, etc.) will be exploited also. Combined and optimized Technology Platforms, which are outcomes from our program, will be licensed to industries.
Flexible and speedy management scheme between scientists and our coaching unit (Program Supervisor, Program officers, and support staffs) is being built. The management scheme, as if being one team, encourages scientists to achieve every milestones towards the goal.
Management and Evaluation Framework
- PS (Program Supervisor)
- MIYATA Toshio, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine
- PO (Program Officer)
- HORIUCHI Tadashi, Ph.D., Guest Professor, Clinical and Translational Research Center, Keio University Hospital, Keio University School of Medicine
- KANEDA Yasufumi, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Graduate School of Medicine/Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University
- OHTAKI Yoshihiro, PhD., President, Biofrontier Partners, Inc.
- TSUMOTO Kouhei, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Bio Engineering, School of Engineering, Institute of Medical Science, Institute of Industrial Science, Drug Discovery Initiative, The University of Tokyo
Last updated 03/01/21