Topics AMED support for R&D on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (summary)
AMED is supporting an array of R&D projects concerning the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Please check the links below for further details.
State of support for R&D
Information on individual projects concerning COVID-19 R&D supported by AMED
- If you click on the “COVID-19-related R&D projects information” you will be able to peruse individual project information (outlines and state of progress) for each research target.
- The New Scientific Outputs section contains information regarding development of candidate drugs and the ascertaining of the state of the novel coronavirus infection.
Calls for proposals on COVID-19- related research
Other COVID-19-related research support
- Research Projects on COVID-19 (Division of Strategic Planning and Evaluation, Department of Innovative Drug Discovery and Development)
- AMED is supporting the implementation verification of a device that enables rapid PCR testing for the novel coronavirus. (Division of Medical Device, Department of Medical Device and Healthcare)
- Research relate to COVID-19 conducted under the BINDS (Basis for Supporting Innovative Drug Discovery and Life Science Research) program (Division of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Department of Innovative Drug Discovery and Development)
- AMED has started to support R&D concerning countermeasures technologies against viral and other infectious diseases as a countermeasure against COVID-19. (Division of Medical Device, Department of Medical Device and Healthcare)
Data-sharing statements and collaborations
Research outcomes and press releases
- Published data on the interaction between viral proteins and therapeutic drug candidate compounds which are useful in COVID-19 therapeutic drug design (April 17, 2020)
Please refer to “State of support for R&D” regarding the progress and outcomes of the COVID-19-related R&D projects supported by AMED.
Overseas and other webpages in English
Last updated 2020.7.10